I'm sitting here in my favorite Ikea chair w/my feet propped up, sipping on a Yogi Egyptian Licorice Tea. Listening to a Robert Plant concert from last year and talking with you.
Thanks for spending a moment with me today...
Training for the Long Haul... Injury Prevention & Rehab
It's a bit of a rainy day. I'm a little achy.
It's easy to look at the things you can't do. It's easy to let the minor (and not so minor) injuries, aches or pains hinder your training...
...or prevent you from training all together!
Don't let things like this get you down.
This is what we talk about on Dr. Eric DeLamielleure MasterClass on the PeaceWalker Membership site!
Here's our topics:
Answers to the 3 Critical Mistakes Most People Make When Recovering From An Injury.
Top 5 Things Men Over 40 Can Do to Prevent Injury When Exercising
This MasterClass along with all of the other courses, workshops, and material, will be available soon on the PeaceWalker Membership Site!
Membership is Opening SOON!
In the meantime, here are a few tips to keep you going even when you don't feel like fighting the good fight in training on any given day...
- Go easy on yourself! It's ok to change your routine to accommodate an injury. Yes, some injuries just need rest and time off. However, many minor injuries can be worked around.
- The best way to stay in shape is to never get out of shape! (Friend & mentor, Bob Barss shared that line w/me at a recent lunch. Great advice!)
- Workout appropriately. Meaning be realistic with yourself about what you do and how much you push yourself (or don't). Some push too much, others not enough. Find balance.
- Create a well rounded workout that incorporates: Strength, flexibility, stamina, coordination & structure... and sustainability!
- Remember being fit & being healthy are two differentthings. They are not mutually exclusive no more than are they synonymous.
- Don't forget body maintenance: Regular check ups and physicals, body work like massage, acupuncture or pressure, chiropractic, etc. are also essential for the long haul of PeaceWalker Training!
- Find a rhythm. Do what works for you, so you can Keep Going!
- Remember, if you don't take care of your body, where you going to live?!
Keep these things in mind when it comes to training and the Long Haul!
You got this,~Craig